Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Let me Twitter That…

9/24/2009 04:11:00 PM 1 comments

About three weeks ago, my Public Relations and Publicity professor gave the class an assignment to get a Twitter account, follow five people and post five PR related tweets by the following Wednesday. We were also supposed to write a paragraph about our Twitter experiences and turn it in.

I wasn’t all too excited about the assignment mainly because I didn’t really find Twitter to be as amazing as people carry on about. My desk buddy Zack on the other hand was ecstatic. He immediately gave me his user name and told me to follow him. I wasn’t familiar with Twitter at all. I first heard about it last Spring when I had to make a wrap about Social Networking for the AC Report.

I’ve had Myspace and Facebook accounts for three years now, but I hadn’t had the urge to get a Twitter, even though my friend Joey harassed me all summer to get one. I’ve heard from several people that Twitter is basically status updates like on Myspace and Facebook. But my status updates usually consist of random song lyrics I have stuck in my head. So, I didn’t know how to incorporate PR in there for the assignment.

So, I basically promoted the AC Blog in my first tweet. That same day I kept thinking about what my next tweet was going to be and when I was going to be able to post it. I couldn’t wait to get to a computer so I could tweet. Then I found out that I could send tweets from my phone by texting them to my profile. So, of course I was Über excited about that, because this meant I could tweet at Wal*Mart if I wanted to!

I started to feel that song Andy Milonakis sings “Let me Twitter Dat” was about me. However, I don’t get document EVERYTHING that I do throughout the day like he does…“I just woke up…Ayy, let me Twitter dat. Just took a hot shower…Ayy, let me Twitter dat. I’m feeling real crazy, I might get a haircut…Ayy let me Twitter dat.” The song is pretty hilarious!

One day, I was trying to get a hold of Joey so I could interview him for a package I was working on for The Ranger and I couldn’t get in touch with him, it was like we were playing phone tag! So, I posted a Tweet that said something to the effect of “Joey!!! Answer your phone, I need to talk to you now!!!” Within five minutes, he called me. So, I guess that proves Twitter isn’t just my new best friend.

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On September 26, 2009 at 2:23 PM

    The first Twitter libel suit--at www.independent.co.uk/news/media/online/loves-online-spat-sparks-first-twitter-libel-suit-1656621.html

    Interesting CNN article on Twitter http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/09/08/twitter.shel.israel/ and NYT article on social media and digital intimacy: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/magazine/07awareness-t.html?_r=1