Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Procrastination

10/03/2010 08:59:00 PM 2 comments

How ironic! While writing a blog about procrastination, I found myself rummaging through page after page of Gone with the Wind screencaps to use for this blog. Forty pages after finding the photo I wanted, I am still mesmerized by their ability to deter a person from what she should be doing. Here we have the screencap:



Procrastination isn’t something I just welcome into my life. I take its hat and coat, offer it a cup of coffee, prop its feet up, and humor it for hours on end. Procrastination is the friend who influences a person to do the wrong thing for pleasure over hard work. As much as I love procrastination, I’ve learned quickly - it isn’t something to mess around with while attending college.

Why do people procrastinate?


Today, I discovered a very informative - yet, very lengthy - webpage focusing on the vice of procrastination. We procrastinate over fear of failure, perfectionism, full schedules, and “because it works”. Everyone has a different way of procrastinating and a different reason for doing so. But, what I’ve failed to realize - until now - is how fortunate we are as students at AC. Amarillo College offers many avenues for those of us who fall victim to our “friend”, procrastination.


Amarillo College offers study groups, Writer’s Corner, math labs, counselors (tailor-made to your career path), and accessible professors who are concerned for your education. But, I think procrastination continues to hold some of us back due to pride or fear of looking ignorant - I know I fall into that category. Luckily, the support received through Amarillo College has pushed me out of my comfort zone. The instructors and counselors during my short time at AC have offered nothing but a helping hand. Go visit them! For lack of a better term, “they don’t bite!”


As I submit this post and close my laptop, I’m going to take my own advice and attempt a nine page algebra review. Sure, it’s daunting and I definitely wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy ... and, wow, one of my favorite films is on television, but, I’d like to be able to crack the door open when procrastination comes a-knockin’, pretend like I’m in my pajamas, and give it the cold shoulder.


And, readers have faith in yourself. Don’t let procrastination wipe its feet on your “Welcome” mat.



As God is your witness, you’ll never procrastinate again!


(I do not own the photos/screencaps used in this blog. Turner Entertainment Co. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. own the rights to the 1939 classic, Gone with the Wind. These photos were simply for the betterment of the blog and if you've never seen it, you should. But that's just my opinion.)

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On October 4, 2010 at 2:22 PM

    One of my methods of procrastination is reading your blog!

     
    Jeremy Lewis On October 7, 2010 at 4:13 PM

    I procrastinate way too much but we still have half the semester to go so maybe we can pull through.