Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

About the Blogger

2/08/2010 03:11:00 PM 6 comments

Hello everyone! My name is Matt Horsley and I am one of the new AC Bloggers for the Spring 2010 semester. I thought I would give you an about me post that will kick off my blogging for these next few months.

I am 23 years old and have spent most of my life in Amarillo, TX. My life began in Houston and lived I there until I was three. I graduated from Tascosa High in 2005 and attended Amarillo College that Fall. After one semester of average grades, I moved to Fort Worth to take a break from school and join the workforce. In 2006 I went to Acoustic Edge Institute to get my MECP in Car Audio, Video, and Electronics and moved to Denton, TX. There I installed car electronics for Best Buy until August 2008 when I returned to Amarillo to pursue my education at AC.

My major at AC is Mass Communication: Advertising/Public Relations. I chose this major mostly because I have a strange interest in product placement in todays media, and want to pursue a career either in advertising, public relations, or product/idea/people promotion. Not being the most academically inclined student through high-school, I am taking my college career a few courses at a time so I can devote more attention to each class.

I currently work in the copy and print center at Office Depot part-time and have been there for over a year and a half. When I'm not in school or at work, I am usually working on my music hobby DJing. Not the "Radio DJ", or even the guy that came to your high school prom and played the chicken dance. I'm a dance mix DJ that takes 2 songs, matches the tempo, and fades between the them to make a seamless flow of music. You can usually find me performing monthly at The War Legion Underground on 10th st, as well as the Nat on occasion. If you are a dance music buff, I usually play the electro, dubstep, house, and general techno genres. My alias is DJ Chiknbiskit (influenced by "Chicken in a Biscuit" crackers.... so delicious) and I picked that because I wanted something that would stand out and be memorable. Plus I love everything chicken and biscuits. Many of my blogs will likely be about music and the evolution (or de-evolution) that is happening in the industry as it's my major passion.

I am excited to be blogging for AC and I hope you will continue to read my upcoming posts! Feel free to email or comment any questions you have! Thanks!


-MH

(6) Comments

  1. B On February 8, 2010 at 4:26 PM

    WooHoo! Loved your newspaper articles and am looking forward to your future blogs!!
    You're an AWESOME DJ as well!

     
    Shelbi On February 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM

    Matt you rock my face! You are an amazing person and I love working with you!

     
    Matt H On February 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM

    Thanks so much B and Shelbi!

     
    Anonymous On February 12, 2010 at 9:15 PM

    Looking forward to your blogs!

     
    Sarai Rodea On February 17, 2010 at 1:54 PM

    i might have to check out your music sometime. I like techno and love to dance. Its my first year living in Amarillo and I hope to fit in.

     
    doug On April 25, 2010 at 7:27 PM

    nice to no there is a some ele music people in and around amarillo
    im from nj been in amarillo for some time now and have not been on decks in about 8 years and am getting back in the groove ) just nice to see that there is some interest in amarillo