Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

I can see!

2/12/2010 03:00:00 PM 5 comments

Well last Saturday I managed to lose my contacts, so I've been dealing with glasses for the last 5 days. This used to not be a problem for me, but since I have changed my contact prescription in the last few months, my glasses are old and make my vision a bit blurry. Blurry vision does not make taking notes in class very easy. Especially since I'm usually stuck sitting in the back due to my laptop constantly needing power. Yes, my laptop has a fried battery so it always has to be plugged into to wall, COMPLETELY negating the purpose for which I bought the laptop, portability.

I had to miss Cal Ripken's big speech at AC this last Tuesday due to work. My mom and dad both went so I will have to get the review from them sometime soon. According to my dad, mom even got her picture taken with Cal so maybe I can post that the next time I write!

I'm reading Catcher in the Rye right now, and yes it's my first time to read it. Pretty sure it was a required reading in high school, but I was never a fan of required readings. My dad gave me a copy because the author, J.D. Salinger, died last month. It's a pretty easy read so far and I can see my dad was comparing my "angsty about college" emotions to Holden's (the main character) own. Looking forward to continue reading tonight.

Today is my first Friday off of work in a long time, and it's nice to have a day without school or work to worry about (except I just realize I have a writing assignment due today but hopefully that wont take me more than an hour). Tonight we are having a couple friends over to watch The Fountain. If you've never seen this great movie, I highly recommend it as it is very "out-of-the-box" and will make you question yourself personally on a level you might had not questioned before.

Valentines day is only 2 days away! Here is a LIST that Time/CNN published on their website of cheap gift ideas for your significant other. Have a great Valentines!

-MH

(5) Comments

  1. Sheffy On February 12, 2010 at 6:14 PM

    consider yourself commented sir, btw, running into the same problem with my laptop, if only batteries weren't, like, half the price of a new pc..

     
    Hugh On February 12, 2010 at 8:50 PM

    I also liked the Fountain. I can't believe you never read Catcher in the Rye. It's truly one of the greatest works of American Literature.Better late than never. Do great.

     
    b On February 13, 2010 at 10:38 AM

    Hummer glasses...lol

     
    Kasey On February 13, 2010 at 3:16 PM

    Okay so I read your first post, but failed to comment. sorry! I have to say that they are pretty intriguing. Since we don't get to hang anymore I still like to know how you're doing, and this is a nice way to find out. I'm looking forward to your upcoming posts!

     
    Matt H On February 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM

    Thanks everyone for reading! I'm still new to the whole blogging thing and its nice to see I have some viewers :)