Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Almost to Spring Break!

3/01/2010 12:38:00 AM 2 comments

It's a busy and crazy week for me this week. On Friday, I'm leaving town for two weeks for a week-ish in Dallas/Austin and then a week in California. I've never been to Austin or California, so I'm pretty excited. But, I have to be responsible first and get most, if not all of my homework and tests done that I'm missing next week done before I leave on Friday, on top of packing, laundry, that sort of thing.

I have a meeting scheduled with my advisor at UTA on Friday, right after I land, to discuss my schedule for next semester, as well as whatever else a transfer student like me might need to know. It was a time and a half trying to find an email for them, but my best friend (who has some weird knack for navigating and finding almost anything on a college website) found it within minutes, putting me to shame. I also have to finish up my financial aid verification documents this week and bring them with me as well to drop them off at the financial aid office at UTA. I finally got around to applying for the FAFSA, now all that's left is these documents and some more scholarship searching. Does anyone know of any good websites that have scholarship opportunities through different places? Sorry I can't be more specific, but I remember my mom found a few a couple years back, but I can't remember/find them again.

I'll hopefully be able to blog about my trip while on my trip, including my meeting with my advisor. It doesn't get too good until next Monday, when I head off to Austin for night one of John Mayer, then we come back to Dallas the next day and see him at the American Airlines Center. I've seen him four times before, but this is the first time I've seen him twice in the same tour. I could not be more excited. I'm using this vacation as kind of a last hurrah, since I doubt I'll be able to do something like this once I'm on my own in Arlington. Plus, it was part of my new year's resolutions that if I have the opportunity to do something, do it, no matter what.

Kind of bummed the Olympics are over. The last two weeks were amazing in so many ways. Team USA accomplished so much and there's always a feeling of unity during the Olympics. I'm a huge hockey fan, so while today's US vs. Canada matchup ended unfavorably, it was still a great game to watch. I can't wait to see what Russia brings in 2014.

I hope some of you got the opportunity to see Matt at the War Legion this weekend. I'm hoping to make it to one of his shows someday; I'm sure it's a great time.

(2) Comments

  1. Matt H On March 1, 2010 at 4:16 PM

    Austin is so much fun! You're going to have a blast!

     
    B On March 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM

    I LOVE AUSTIN! It is my next destination after Amarillo. Make sure you go to Waterloo Records, Amy's Ice Creme, TOY JOY!!, and Big Top Candy Shop. Those are some of my favorite stops in Austin, although there are a TON more. Those are good day visits for sure! I hope you have fun!