Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Advantages

3/02/2011 09:52:00 PM 0 comments

This being my second year here at AC I feel that I've done more than I could ever have expected. And no, it's not because I took a bunch of classes through out the semester and even in the summer. What I mean is that I've done everything possible on campus that I feel my free time let me accomplish.

I hope by reading this I inspire you as well to get involved on campus.

If not, just take a look at the banner below. I got first hand experience in the process of choosing this person for this years distinguished lecture.


Now, I'm not trying to "show off," because I detest that quality in myself.

But what I want to say is that there is a heck of a lot to do at Amarillo College. And the best part about it is that all the awesome stuff finds you.

When I started AC my whole mindset was to go to class and go straight home to take that daily nap I always looked forward to.

Then I met Heather Atchley.

Dun...Dunn....Dunnn.

Well, she wasn't the only one I met. It was the whole Student Government Association, but she is the adviser, so you got to know her whether you liked it or not. This organization took me in in a way and didn't let go. I helped out with events, and learned there is more to Amarillo College than just classes.

I slowly began to have a reason to come to AC on my own free will as opposed to coming because I didn't want to waste the money I had already paid for classes.

I met great people, and if you read my last blog you got to hear about some of those people.

I could go on explaining the whole process on how I got to where I am now, but that would probably take up a hundred pages or more, so I'll leave that for when I write a novel.

But to end on a positive note, I can honestly say that I am happy with what my college experience became, and it's still not over.

I can walk around campus and almost know everyone I see, at least faculty wise.

Life is great!

I'm not saying you have to get involved, because many of us live very busy lives. But if you happen to have the free time, join an organization, stick with it, and have fun. You only get to do this once.



(0) Comments