Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Life on Hold

3/10/2011 10:30:00 AM 1 comments

During the coming week as we all know is Spring Break. And of course it is a time to relax, maybe go somewhere fun and just not think about school work for a whole week. With this in mind I feel like I'm putting my life on hold, which is a good thing, because school has been ruling my life these past couple of months. It'll be the time I get to not worry about anything, not have responsibilities, and not worry about due dates.

Of course, I could just get a jump start and study ahead and be one step up in class, but that never happens. No matter how hard I try to do that.

But yes, spring break will be my time to just let all my worries float away, until they slowly return on that Sunday night right before classes.

If I may ask, what are some of your plans for spring break?

I never seem to do much, but the week always goes by to slow for me. Because I like the feeling of being busy, as if I had an important life to live.

I always use this week to reevaluate my priorities in life. I feel with everything going on I never have time to just be myself and do the things I love, like read a good book, or just play video games until the middle of the night.

I mean, I'm not trying to come off lazy, but I feel if we never have "me time" then how can we make time to have with others. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with my friends every time I get. I just feel some times I have to just be alone, but it always seems when I don't want to be alone that I have nobody to hang out with. But I think that will be the biggest problem I face this spring break. Which is better than having to face tests, and research papers.

I like to keep things simple.

In my Honors Seminar class I recently learned about handling my goals and other things in life. And the part I like the most was keeping goals simple. Because accomplishing one thing leads to the motivation of accomplishing another and then another to where you've just accomplished one big thing.

Focusing on one big goal gives the feeling it may never be accomplished, because some goals can last years and years.

By keeping my goals simple I've learned that procrastination can be avoided.

And to tell you the truth... I'm a lot happier with the way I do my school work.


1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On March 10, 2011 at 8:52 PM

    How nice it must be to be able to "put life on hold." No school unfortunately doesn't equal no work for those with jobs. Not having to attend classes for a week sure will lighten my load, though.
    I'm most certainly not complaining, I absolutely love my life- but it's crazy!