Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Feel-good tunes

2/20/2011 07:10:00 PM 7 comments

You've had a rough day. You're stressed, worried, exhausted, irritable...just downright in a bad mood. But you don't really want to be in a bad mood, do you?

Trust me, I know just as well as anyone else that life can really wear on you sometimes. There are days when things just get to me. I guess it's just part of this "being human" thing.

So how do you "fix" your mood?

You know your family/spouse/roommate doesn't want to deal with grouchy you when you walk in the door at the end of a long day, and all you really want to do is go home, relax and enjoy yourself.

Try listening to some upbeat, feel-good, can't-help-but-sing-along-and-dance music as you drive home.

Maybe I belong in an asylum, but there are some songs that never fail to put me in a better mood. It starts with drumming on the steering wheel, then I start humming...

By the time I pull into the garage I'm belting it out, dancing away and having the time of my life.

Here are my top five feel-good tunes. Some of these are extremely silly, even downright ridiculous. I do realize that. But they are my cure for the grouchies or when I feel a little down.

1. "Alive" - Meat Loaf
Laugh all you want, but how can you not want to sing along to Meat Loaf? "Bat Out of Hell" and "Out of the Frying Pan (And Into the Fire)" are also great.

2. "Sweet Dreams are Made of These" - Eurythmics
Not the most upbeat number ever, but everyone knows the lyrics, making it way too easy to sing along with. Oh, and maybe show off your robot moves?

3. "Crocodile Rock" - Elton John

4. "Contagious" - Y & T
Hair metal never fails.

5. "Rock the Night" - Europe

Does music affect your mood?

I encourage you to put together your own feel-good playlist. Just give it a shot. See if it cheers you up. You can even steal a few of my tunes, if you want.

Let me know what you think!


(7) Comments

  1. txdaytripper On February 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

    This list will either reveal a slightly psychitzophrenic personality or how old I am. Either way here goes:

    "Everything" Michael Buble
    "Europa" Santana
    "Foreplay/Long Time" Boston
    "More Than One Way Home" Keb-Mo
    "Skinny Chicks" Laurie Morvan Band

    Dang. Thats a pretty scary list

     
    Estefania On February 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM

    What is Love by Haddaway and Rock You Like A Hurricane by Scorpions are also great songs to add to this kind of list! Btw, thought everybody had forgotten about Europe!

     
    Brittney On February 21, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
     
    Anonymous On February 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM

    All of those are definitely great songs!
    Oh, and forget about Europe?! Blasphemy!!

     
    Andrea On February 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM

    Brittney, I had actually started to write this very same blog post but then got distracted by work. Come to think about it I have started writing most of the blogs you post before you post them and then I get distracted. We are on scarily on the same wave length. But here is my must sing along to playlist
    "Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
    "No Good Deed"- Original Broadway cast Wicked
    "Almost Lover"- A fine Frenzy
    "Thunder Rolls"- Garth Brooks
    "Savior" Rise Against

     
    Sarah Says On February 23, 2011 at 4:47 PM

    Music can have a big difference on your mood. The mix CD I'm listening to has Human by the Killers, some upbeat Robyn tunes, You Don't Know Me by Ben Folds and Regina Spektor, and Innocent by Our Lady Peace. It's great to just turn up the volume and drown it out.

     
    Anonymous On February 24, 2011 at 9:19 PM

    That's pretty scary, Andrea. Ha, ha. Maybe you should stop getting distracted and post your blogs before I post mine.
    And Sarah, I totally agree. Music is one of the few things that can make me forget about reality when things are tough.