Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Stop And Smell The Roses

2/22/2011 07:57:00 PM 0 comments

Has anyone ever told you in your life to, "stop and smell the roses."
Well... that's not exactly my point for this blog, but there is a point though. It's full of point actually.
But instead in this situation I want you to, "stop and read the posters."

*I feel the need to put things in quotation marks because I feel it gets the point across more*

But back to the point.
If you ever find yourself walking around Amarillo College, because you know, that's where our classes are at. Then I'm sure you've seen a poster or two, or three around.
Those posters actually have a lot of work that go into them, and deserve to be noticed.
So go ahead and, "stop and read the posters."

I personally know two of the people who do most of that advertising design work that seems to be oh so pleasing to the eye.

So sit back and relax, and let's get to know these girls!

Berkley Washburn

  • Graphic Design Major
  • SGA: Publicity Chair
  • ADDY Award Winner
  • Extremely Talented





Berkley Washburn is the one in charge of all the Publicity for the Student Government Association here at AC. So any event that is hosted by this organization will be told to her so she can make a flyer for SGA to get the word out.

I've known Berkley for a while now, and I can honestly tell you that she enjoys doing this. Not only is she a great friend, but she'll surprise you with the ideas that crawl around in her head.


Gabrielle Green



  • Graphic Design Major
  • Student Worker as a Poster Girl
  • ADDY Award Winner






If you've ever been down in the basement of the CUB, then I'm sure you've seen this lovely young lady working at the front desk down there.
But she's not the one who does all the office work behind that desk, although she may help out with that.
But her job consists of making posters for organizations at AC that needs one done. These posters are famously seen on the big yellow boards around campus, and are done professionally on the computer.

On a side note, Berkley Washburn used to have this job, and was awesome at it too!

I could go in depth about these great gals in more detail, but by now I've either lost you, bored you, or entertained you.

And for those I've entertained, I apologize, because I'm ending here.

Oh and on a totally unrelated subject, the word "Tomorrow" is not spelled "Tomarrow."
I've seen that mistake a lot lately.

That is all.

(0) Comments