Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Finals Tomorrow

8/10/2009 11:14:00 PM , 2 comments

Wish me luck! Final exam for Radio Production I is tomorrow morning. I've studied hard the last few days, and finished my paper writing a consultation for KXGL-FM. I feel very confident--I'm gonna knock this one outta the park!

I had a lot of fun with this class over the summer. Brian Frank is a great instructor, and although there is a class element, he puts most of the emphasis on how well I did as a DJ for FM90. Don't get me wrong, I learned a lot in class. I learned how a radio station operates, the duties of the Sales Manager, Program Director, Promotions Manager, Chief Engineer, General Manager, etc. Also, how and why radio works--differences between FM and AM, formats, promotions, the history of radio, things like that. But the part I liked best was cracking the mic and entertaining the listeners. It just felt natural. I haven't decided yet if I'll return to FM90 for the fall--I need to see how my work schedule at Channel 4 and Cumulus works out--but I would have lots of fun if I did!

Radio Production I is available in the Fall and Summer semesters, so if anyone is looking for an elective that you'll have a lot of fun doing, this is your class!

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On August 12, 2009 at 9:58 PM

    Sounds like a really fun class. Can anyone take it or do you have to be a Mass Comm major?

     
    Bill On August 13, 2009 at 3:35 PM

    Anyone can take it! It should count as a Fine Arts credit, but you may want to check your AC Catalog or ask your academic advisor. Contact Brian Frank at KACV-FM for more info.