Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

I'm Just Saying....

3/03/2009 11:13:00 PM , , , , 1 comments

NOTE:  This blog entry is based upon a rumor I heard today.  It may or may not be true - so I don't want to see any comments like get the facts first, you don't know what you're doing, this is not real reporting none of this true - duh like I said its based on a rumor and this a blog. Watch me blog now.

So I heard a rumor today that some of the labs on campus (specifically 4th floor parcells hall) will be getting upgrades very soon. Good news right? Wrong, apparently some of the labs will be upgraded from Macs to PC, meaning Windows. Very bad idea.

I don't know what lab or how many, but its what I heard from quite a few different sources.

So here's what's going to happen.  A student is going to enroll in Mass Communications Ad/PR (great major if I do say so myself ha ha).  This student will go to AC for about 2 years and get their associates degree and the whole time they are here they will be trained to use PC's/Windows platform.

Let's say this student decides to transfer to, say, WT.  The day this student gets their acceptance letter to WT they will instantly fell behind all of the other students. Why? because this student doesn't know how to use a Mac; whereas all the other students at the exact same level who have been at WT,  while our student has been at AC, have learned how to use them (macs) well.  The professors I'm sure will expect the students use and to already know basics of Mac if not much more than that.  I know that WT students in Mass Comm use Macs a lot!

IF THIS RUMOR IS CORRECT THEN....

(And I hope for the sake of future AC students it is not)

AC students in Mass Comm/Graphic Design/etc. will not be fully prepared to transfer to a University.  Well what if they go straight in to the workforce after AC, then what? well more and more businesses are using Mac  because they are more secure, user friendly, great for creative departments - knowing how to use a Mac is practically required before anyone will take you seriously in Advertising or any mass comm field. Thus, AC will not be preparing students for the workforce either.

Also maybe (if the rumor is true) AC should get a new slogan like "where the students come right after the budget" to think AC would sacrifice such a huge staple in Mass Comm and/or Graphic Design just save a few extra bucks makes me glad I got here while its still easy to find a Mac on the 4th floor of parcell's hall - they might become relics around there before too long.

I'll close with this... an "apple" may be an "apple" anywhere you go, but will AC's "apple" taste as sweet as the Universities "apple"????

(Once again let me say everything above is based on a rumor I have heard from multiple sources as of 11:45pm on 3/3/09 the rumor has no been confirmed or denied.)


1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On March 5, 2009 at 11:00 PM

    "Hey dude...You're getting a Mac!" Don't know where the rumors came from, Zack. But, all is well in your world....