Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


Last month I paid my rent and accidently paid the rent out of the wrong checking account and so my check was returned - I then took money from savings and transfered it to my checking account in hopes of getting the check to go through, it did not.  That was my mistake, I'm a big enough person to admit when I screwed up. I did, I screwed up big time by writing a check from the wrong account.


When I went to the leasing office to discuss all of this I first met with the office assistant, she was really nice and really helpful - she could not help me out in this situation but directed me to whom I was supposed to speak with about this issue.  So I had to go meet with her boss, she was very short and very rude to me, her demeanor really reflects in the way the apartments are kept up. Maybe this is why she had two employees quit last week?


They were going to charge me an additional $275 on top of my $525 monthly rent!!! Again I made a mistake and I realize sometimes in the real world we have to pay for our mistakes - but hey lets not kid ourselves its not like I live in The Colonies here, not even close! This whole thing might be an entirely different story if Coulter Landing set some kind of standard for the way they wanted their apartments to look as opposed to just “getting by.”


Here are my main issues with Coulter Landing:


- Maintenance: I have a roof with cracks that looks like its on the verge of caving in, a broken dead bolt lock, and the only washer in out laundry room has been broken for the past two months.

Their Response: Well you never put that in writing.

My Thoughts: No, its hard to a phone call in writing.


- Grounds Up Keep: Beer bottles and trash litter the parking lot.

Their Response: I’ve been doing this for 25 years and there has been a trash problem at every place I have worked.

My Thoughts: What is the common factor in this equation?


- Other Issues: Noisy Neighbors and people smoking in the Halls

Their Response: You have not complained to us about any noise issues lately.

My Thoughts: Well when I did before you basically said call the cops it isn’t our problem.


One Other Issue: I had a member of their Maintenance Staff come barging through my patio door one day about 9 months ago to fix my broken lock - I live on the second floor.  The guy didn’t even bother to check the number, he supposed to be on the third floor.


After going over all of my issues with them the best they could do is reduce the amount I owe by $125.00. Gee thanks.


I have been in these apartments for close to two years now and haven’t really had any problems until the new management took over. It seems like they might have taken over about a year ago - that’s when the problems really got bad.


Three days prior to all of this, April 10, I got a letter addressing the issue of them knowing that cars are being broken into and general security issues. Their letter wasn’t to say we are installing security cameras or hiring some for of security, which they could afford since they have two salaries they don’t have to worry about paying anymore.  The letter said to be sure when you are going to or coming from your car be sure you have a group of people with you. Yeah that works out well when you live by yourself, are you kidding me?! these apartments are so bad you need to travel in groups to keep from getting mugged, robbed, or whatnot? 


In my opinion: If you need a place to live immediately and these are the only apartments available in 100 mile radius I would suggest you go sleep downtown on the sidewalk - its pretty close to the same experience and it’ll save you a couple hundred dollars.

1 Comment

  1. Caleb On April 15, 2009 at 1:07 AM

    Dude, you are so right on all of that. I moved out of there about a year ago just as the new management took over. It was getting bad. They tried to overcharge us on rent twice. Plus they were trying to change the contract on us. We had to fight with them on several occasion over what the contract said. Get out while you can or else they will eat you alive!