Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

It’s the middle of the afternoon and I’m in line at Starbucks about to order my drink as I wait for my “interviewee” to show up. 

If you’re a regular to this blog then I’m sure you’ve seen some of my previous entries where I go out and meet young people in Amarillo who are doing really cool and amazing things. Jonathan Hart is no exception.

Music has been part of Hart’s since he was in preschool. Not just listening, but actively participating, creating, and experimenting with music. Now it consumes him completely. Back in high school he won a battle of the bands competition one year.

Jernakin is a nickname of Hart’s from way back when. “I have 50 million nicknames”

“I just like to make music, I’m no different than the next guy” says Hart “I’m not trying to be the next big thing, I just want people to hear my music.”

Sax, guitar, vocals, dabbling in drums and producing music are the tools in Hart’s toolbox. His apartment looks more like a recording studio than a home.

“Everything you hear is pretty much done by me.”

Hart’s hopes to release a 6 song EP in about 6 months to a year - his musical style is indie and electronica tastefully blended together. If his cover of Damien Rice’s “9 Crimes,” a collaboration he did with Jen Williams, is any indication of future songs to come his EP will be one you can just put on and let play without skipping any songs. 

“I just want to make music people like and respect,” says Hart. “I’m trying to do something unique to what is out there already,”

Aside from being an extremely driven artist, Hart is an active member of Trinity Fellowship Church as well as manager at The Buckle.

Hart’s sound would a combination of Temposhark, Muse, and Radiohead and the production style of Imogen Heap.

Seeing Hart’s dedication to his craft has been a very inspirational experience, it makes me want as hard on my writing and graphic design skills as he does with his music. Hart has a passion for music that burns brighter than sun – I am supremely confident that we will see great things from Jernakin in the future.

So what’s next for Jernakin?

“Possibly working a track for a local fashion show here in Amarillo.”

Keep checking his MySpace page for new music!

(0) Comments