Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Go DJ! Go DJ!

6/17/2009 09:18:00 PM , 2 comments


The only class I'm taking this summer is Radio Production I. The class is designed to teach the operations of a radio station, programming formats and theories of programming, history of the development of radio, and how to be a DJ. This is pretty exciting, because I get to be live on air, run the audio board, and be a real DJ!


KACV-FM, also known as FM90, is owned and operated by AC. It's a college radio station that plays the newest alternative rock music before anyone else. This gives unknown and upcoming bands a chance to be heard by their target audience, 18-34 year olds. And, FM90 reaches the entire Panhandle. You don't even have to be a Mass Comm major, or be enrolled in Radio Production--any AC student can be a DJ!


Today was my first airshift. I've already had experience running an audio board, but I've never been a DJ before, so I was really looking forward to it. I wasn't perfect, but I did fairly well. I think I'll pick it up in no time.


I'm using the name "CJ" on air. Please tune to FM90 every Wednesday from 12-4pm, and I'll play the newest alternative rock. Of course, we have other students throughout the week too, and they would love for you to tune in to them. FM90 is Amarillo's True Alternative! For more information, go to http://www.kacvfm.org/.

(2) Comments

  1. Anonymous On June 18, 2009 at 7:04 PM

    How did you come up with the air name CJ?

     
    Bill On June 19, 2009 at 8:52 AM

    Ahh, that's a closely guarded secret haha! :)