Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive


We are very fortunate here in the Texas Panhandle to have our very own sports talk radio show based right here in Amarillo. Warren McCarty hosts My Passion Is Football every weekday morning from 9-11 on ESPN Radio, KZRK 1440 AM. MPIF talks about local sports issues, but also looks at national issues with a local twist.


Of course, there are lots of sports talk shows nationally and in larger cities, but it had been years since we had anything like that locally. MPIF provides an outlet for sports fans here in the Panhandle to give their opinions about the king of sports in Texas, football, and also other sports.


Warren, former Randall High QB, hosts the show and talks about the top sports-related issues of the day. Kenny Nagunst is the show's producer and the Master of Everything Behind The Scenes. The show also hosts some of the most famous names in sports, from local legend Ziggy Hood, PD grad recently drafted by Pittsburgh, to announcer and sportscaster Chris Berman. Warren encourages anyone to call in to take part in the conversations, and believe me, the show can get pretty zany at times!


I'm lucky enough to be associated with the show, because every now and then I fill in for Kenny. Anytime I get to produce the show for Warren, I have a blast. It's absolutely the most fun I've ever had! I also listen to the show every chance I get when I'm not in class.


If you're a sports fan in the Texas Panhandle, this is the show for you! As Warren says, nothing in life is accomplished without passion. As an avid fan, sports gives me joy unlike anything else, which is why I want to make my career in it. My passion is football. What's yours?

(5) Comments

  1. Unknown On June 30, 2009 at 11:57 PM

    Dude, how does Warren get all those famous guests???

     
    Bill On July 1, 2009 at 4:57 PM

    Warren was the first GM of the Amarillo Dusters. Before that, he was an agent, so he has a lot of contacts in the sports world. The producer, Kenny, is a sports memorabilia collector, so he has a lot of contacts, too.

     
    Anonymous On September 30, 2009 at 10:20 AM

    WHy is it that Amarillo High has a higher power rating than Tascosa in the HArris ratings Tascosa just does not get the credit due

     
    Bill On September 30, 2009 at 8:17 PM

    I happen to agree that it's whack that Tascosa ranks so far behind AHS, even though the Rebs won! I think it's because, the very next week, the Sandies whipped Mojo, while Tascosa lost to Odessa High. Permian entered the year ranked in the Top 10, so the Sandies' win gave them serious respect points.

    Don't worry too much. This ain't D-I college football--high school settles it on the field. The odds look pretty good right now that both AHS and Tascosa will make the playoffs. The Lubbock schools and SA Central are crap, and Midland Lee is having a down year. Tascosa will have a higher seeding in the playoffs due to head-to-head over AHS! :)

     
    Anonymous On November 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM

    What is the music that plays in the Intro to the show?