Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Where's Waldo?

6/12/2009 11:40:00 AM 2 comments

I'm finding that sometimes reaching a contact for a story proves to be harder than nailing jello to a tree.
It's like those ridiculous books, "Where's Waldo?", except... I can't find Waldo!!! Arggghhh. haha
I mean seriously, why have a cell phone if you never answer it? And to that extent, why have a voicemail on said cell phone if you never return phone calls?
I must say, it's quite frustrating.

I got a really neat story in The Weekender today! (The Weekender is part of the paper, but smaller) Seeing it in the flesh is more impressive, as it has color and photos and sits across two pages! But if you'd like to check it out, go here: http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jun/11/shrimporee-offers-big-fun/
It even has a huge tease on A1 with a cute little shrimp character dude on it. (Newspaper Vocab check: Tease - a little blurb, usually with a picture, outlining a story and what's in it. Intention is to make people open the paper and find the story, then of course, read it. A1 - front page of the Caller-Times.) I'm going to try to attend the event I wrote about in this story this weekend... I mean, why not? haha

So the last few days for me have been pretty... blah. Yes, blah would be a good word.
I can guarantee most people will stop reading at this point. I mean, who wants to read about blah-ness? Get over it, life isn't all Zorses and fairytales...
On the plus side, my boyfriend of 6 years, Chris, got in to the fire academy! All he has to do is complete the math class he's currently in. So that's a HUGE answer to prayer! On the blah side, academy stuff has conflicted with the plane ticket he already had to come visit me. At this point he may not get to visit at all. So that has had me supremely bummed out this week.
I'm still praying for something to change so that he can come visit though.

My best friend Bekah is coming to visit in July, so that's a big "yay!". We're going to have a wonderful girl's week. Quite possibly our last big fling before the ring... She's getting married in January. :)

That's all for now...
Hopefully I'll get some good pictures of my Shrimporee festivities (mmhmm, go read the story through the link above!) this weekend for you all to envy. I mean, good shrimp and redneck games... who could resist?

(2) Comments

  1. Bill On June 13, 2009 at 12:08 AM

    I don't think you should go to the Shrimporee. You would win the Sexy Legs contest hands, er, feet down hehe! :P

     
    Anonymous On June 15, 2009 at 10:08 PM

    Harder than nailing jello to a tree--I love that line!