Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Red light cameras...

6/20/2009 01:03:00 PM 0 comments

It was pink I swear!
Haha That's what popped into my mind when I read that after the state's recent attempt at eliminating red light cameras, Amarillo is increasing them!! That's crazy.
Personally, I think it's a pretty screwed up system. I mean, most people, if they know a stop light is photo inforced, are going to slam on their breaks when they see a yellow light. Can you say 'accident waiting to happen?' It's ironic to me that something designed to decrease accidents actually has the potential to increase them. I don't get that at all.
I read about this on Amarillo.com. You should read it. The irony of it all will make you laugh. Or make you angry, as it apparently did to many who left comments.
According to the story rear-end collisions have increased and red-light-runners haven't decreased very much. But oh wait! Money is being made off of all the tickets issued by this ridiculous system so it's completely justified, right?!
Wrong.
Definitely go read the story.

Anyway, TGIS!!! (Thank God it's Saturday!)
I slept in today and it felt goooood. Now I have errands to run, cleaning to do, and laundry to wash!

So I'm super excited. I get to see my boyfriend, Chris, in 6 days! I can't wait! It's really hard to be so far away from eachother for so long. Anyone who has maintained a relationship long distance for even a short amount of time can attest to that. Our track record is pretty good though. Up until this summer, every summer we've been dating (that's a lot of summers... we've been together for 6 years) he's been on harvest with his family. His dad has a customing harvesting company. Every year Chris has driven either a combine or a semi-truck for the entire summer. It was really hard to be away from eachother like that, but I think it pretty well prepared us for this summer.
Anyway, I can't wait to see him!!!

(0) Comments