Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Get a dog.

6/17/2009 06:12:00 PM 2 comments

Everyone should have a dog.
I know, that's totally random. But as I was thinking about my busy day, and coming home from said day, it dawned on me that it is extremely welcoming to have a sweet little puppy hyper-excited and happy to see you when you first walk through the door. Sugar, my roommates puppy, has become my buddy. When I get home she gets so excited that her entire body shakes and she wags her tail so fast it looks like she's in danger of taking flight! What a great "hello!" to come home to after a day like today.
(I'm trying to put a picture of her on here so everyone can say, "Awwww!" at her cuteness, however it won't let me at the moment.)

Work, school, work, school...

Argh! I'm tired!

This morning I got to work a little early because I knew I had a pretty full plate. Full plate ended up being the understatement of the day.
I had a 2 p.m. deadline on a story but had to be at a press conference at 1:30, so I had to get it done in time for that. I managed, but not without being glued to my desk for 4 straight hours.
Most of the day was just busy work, nothing super exciting.

HOWEVER, the story that I finished yesterday made the front page today and was a HUGE spread!!!! I was SO excited! Check it out on caller.com: http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jun/16/chicas_rock/
Oh and be sure to look at the pictures too (not shot by me but they really help give you the full effect).

Now that I'm home from my busy work day, it's back to the books!
Oh the life of a student...

(2) Comments

  1. Bill On June 18, 2009 at 12:14 PM

    I should have a dog. I don't, because I'm not at home for most of the day, and I would feel guilty. Plus, it's an expense I can't take on right now. But I'm a huge animal lover, so when I can, I will get a Golden Retriever! :)

     
    Anonymous On June 18, 2009 at 7:01 PM

    Great story! It was also interesting to see the comments from your (many) readers! Keep up the good work! Yes, everyone should have a dog--provided that they are responsible dog owners and provide love and care for their pets. I am away from home currently and I really miss my dogs!