Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Hats off to Farmer!

6/13/2009 11:56:00 AM 1 comments


Big "hats off" to Dr. Farmer! He won AC's Mead Award!

Let me just say that I think this can be analyzed as a love-hate relationship.

That's how I would describe most of Dr. Farmer's exchanges with his students.

According to the students I know who have taken his classes, he's a great professor. He was extremely helpful when I was getting into Phi Theta Kappa stuff and he's involved in quite literally everything! And yet... from what I've heard, his classes are like getting teeth pulled!

You know, with dental work, the process is painful. However the result is beautiful and usually pain-free! From an outsider's perspective, that's how I would explain his classes. Everyone I know who has had him has absolutely loved it, yet hated it at the same time! They enjoy Dr. Farmer and the lectures, and he not only manages to get students interested in history, but to get them thinking about their viewpoints on certain things (quite a feat for some who are only there to get their credit and get out). However, it takes 100% of their time and effort to pass.
Ironically, it's usually the professors who push us the hardest that we remember as the most influential.
A big round of applause to Dr. Farmer for his award!
Oh and one more thing... go watch his band play! It is a lot of fun and you'll have a blast! (If you didn't know he was in a band, like I didn't before my best friend took his class, ask him about it!)
Check this link to read more about his Mead award...

In other news... let's talk about summer classes.

First of all, they are so much harder than regular semester classes! The pace is faster, there's a bigger workload on a day-to-day basis, and I think they cause more stress. However, they're so perfect because you can get your credit in 6 or 8 weeks as opposed to an entire semester! Which is wonderful.
Here's my dilemma...
40 hours a week of work and so far it looks like at least 20 hours a week of school. Someone tell me how that's going to work out?

Is it possible? Of course.
Will I keep my sanity in tact? We shall see...

Before I go let me just mention the awesome answer to prayer I had yesterday.
Once I finally decided to stop moping about missing Chris (stop being "blah" as I said yesterday), and give it to God, guess what happened?
Not only do I get to see Chris ONCE this summer, I get to see him TWICE! YAY!!! God is good and works in the strangest of ways...


Happy weekend!
(hats off photo credit: http://www.oscefa.org/ via google images! :)

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On June 15, 2009 at 10:10 PM

    Traditionally, journalists are not exceptionally talented with math--that's how you can complete 40 hours of work and 20 hours of school each week. What is that saying about having done so much with so little for so long that you now accomplish the impossible with nothing?