Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Got back today from my trip to Arlington to tour the new Cowboys stadium with Brad Fralick, Sports Director for KAMR-TV. The picture above gives some idea of how massive this stadium is, but you have no idea until you're actually inside! I'll have some pix for y'all in a day or so.

Basically, my job was to shoot Brad's stand-ups. In a TV news story, a "stand-up" is where the reporter appears on camera. Brad shot the vast majority of the footage, but he needed someone to shoot footage of him. Brad put together a few different packages--here's one that is on myhighplains.com...http://myhighplains.com/content/video/?cid=68371

This was my first time shooting footage for real with a camera off-the-shoulder. I think I did a good job for a beginner.

There were about fifty media types there for the tour. They were sports reporters from the region--Amarillo, Lubbock, Wichita Falls, Oklahoma City, Waco, etc. We got to see areas of the stadium never before seen. For example: the players' locker room. Very spacious! Ironically, the showers were high school gym type--I would have thought they'd have individual stalls with their own attendants haha! We got to see the luxury suites and clubs. The club on the field level, where the players will enter the field, is SUPER nice! The clubs on the main concourse level were disappointing--the first level looked like a luxury hotel lobby, and the second level looked like the concourse at an airport, where the bars looked like aiport gates!

We then got on the field itself. Here's where you fully appreciate the massiveness of this stadium! The retractable roof is overhead, also the 80 yard long scoreboard, suspended by cables. In fact, our tour guide says Cowboys stadium is the largest enclosed structure without any columns, and it's true.

An added bonus: I was shooting a stand-up for Brad on the field when one of the PR ladies tapped us on the shoulder and pointed to the owner's box. There was Jerry Jones followed by...ROGER STAUBACH!!! OMG!!! Seriously, I almost fainted! Never in a million years would I have thought I could see one of my childhood heroes up close and in person!

After this, we left so Brad could put together his stories. We decided to do this at Rangers Ballpark across the street. That was the second half of our day, watching the Rangers play the Red Sox! I'll blog about that tomorrow...

1 Comment

  1. Madelyn On July 24, 2009 at 5:29 PM

    You know something is a big deal when Bill uses "OMG."

    LoL

    Can't wait for pics! Since I saw the stadium during the same trip you did, I'd love to see updates photos!