Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

The sea turtles this morning were ADORABLE! There were 115 total, if I remember correctly, that made their way, inch by slow inch, across the sand to the water. It was so cute! When we called the hotline to verify the release was still on it said no cameras allowed so I didn't take mine. Once we got there they said they were allowed but no flash! So that was a major bummer. But we did have a Caller-Times photographer there so check out the cute little guys here: http://www.caller.com/photos/galleries/2009/jul/24/sea-turtles-released/23165/

So my friend Natalia, also an intern at the Caller, sent me these hilarious links today! If you're a journalist or know a journalist, check them out... they're so true!
Interns: http://www.stuffjournalistslike.com/page/25/
Lunch Break? Hardly.: http://www.stuffjournalistslike.com/page/5/

Today I met a 20-year-old artist. He has Down Syndrome. His art is gorgeous! Very abstract, colorful and different... which I love. I think I'm going to try to buy one of his pieces. If I do, I will post a picture of the one I get on here! He was a top 12 finalist in a national art competition for upcoming artists with disabilities. His piece will be showed in the Smithsonian! Very cool. I'm writing a story about it, I'll post the link to it once it's finished.

Anyway, I am so ready for my government class to be OVER. Have I said that already? Probably, but it needs to be said again. I'm almost there! Except for the fact that I'm at that point in the class where I'm wholly UNmotivated to finish up. hahah I have 3 chapters, 1 discussion question, 4 practice quizzes and a final to go! Hallelujah!

Tomorrow I am going to a dinner with some people from the Caller. It's a "dinner with the interns" dinner. hahah Word got around that we're hungry I guess. ;) So that should be fun! I'm also going to the beach for the last time! So sad! Looking forward to a fun day tomorrow... then I work Sunday-Friday. Somewhere in there I need to do ALL my laundry and pack up ALL of my stuff... my car will be loaded down! Phew, it'll be a long week!

1 Comment

  1. Bill On July 26, 2009 at 6:11 PM

    I know you're having a great time in Corpus, but we better get you back here in Amarillo before you bust lol! Or else move bf, gf, and every friend and family down there haha!