Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

When I first went to work at KAMR-TV, one of the first things someone said to me was "if you're here long enough, you'll get to do a little of everything." For about the hundredth time, I found out today that's true!

Brad Fralick, Channel 4's Sports Director, decided on the spur of the moment to go to Arlington tomorrow to shoot some video of the new Cowboys stadium, which will air on Thursday evening's newscasts.

The problem was he needs a photographer to go with him to shoot his stand-ups. His friend was going to go, but that fell through. After the 10 o'clock newscast, he was in quite a bind and was talking to the news anchors, Andy Justus and Faith Miller, about what to do, when guess-who just happened to walk through the newsroom on the way out the door to go home?

Yup! You know the old saying "Johnny-on-the-spot?" I overhear Brad saying he wishes someone would go with him, and I jokingly said hey, what about me? Never in a million years did I expect him to say yes, but that's exactly what happened!

So, at 5:45am tomorrow morning (yeesh!), Brad and I are on the road to Arlington. We'll take a tour of the stadium, shoot some video, stay the night at his parents' house, then back home early Thursday. I'm bringing my camera, so I'll have some great pix to show!

This will be my second visit to Cowboys stadium. I got to go in April for the Texas Intercollegiate Press Associate convention. Several AC Journalism and Broadcast students went to Dallas, and I entered the TV Sportswriting contest. I got to tour the stadium, then write a story about it. I placed third, which I'm very happy about! This time, the stadium should be more complete, so hopefully I'll get to see more of it. I was astounded the first time, and I can't wait to see it again!

I'll blog again Thursday night or Friday morning. cya! :)

(0) Comments