Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

So tomorrow morning at 6:30 a.m. Susan and I are going to watch the sea turtle release! Those little guys are so adorable, I'm so excited!

Today my feature was in the paper! It's a total feel-good story. It's about this 80-year-old man who just found his family... pretty crazy stuff. Check it out: http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jul/22/reunited-across-years/

Honestly, that's probably my favorite story I've written so far!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the stories I'm getting these days. Lots of features, which I love. I really like those feel-good and put-a-smile-on-your-face kind of stories.
...Much more than the stories about stabbings and shootings and people blowing up people.
I can't wait to bring all of my experience to the newsroom at AC! I'm so excited! I obviously still have alot to learn, as I've only been here 2 months, but still, I couldn't have asked for more hands-on experience. And such a wide variety of it at that!

Funny thing is, I used to think having only a week to write a story was a short deadline. Well, not anymore! That feature up there was done in 2 days. There have been some days where I've written multiple stories in one day.
So a week long deadline? Pssshhh. hahah

I think I'm going to go make myself some dinner and read my government homework. HALLELUJAH that class is almost over! 4 more chapters, 4 more practice quizzes, 1 more discussion question and a final in between now and Tuesday and I'm DONE. Yippeee!

(I'll try to take some pictures of the turtle release tomorrow and post them on here... I'm so excited!)

(0) Comments