Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

In the arms of angels...

7/29/2009 10:52:00 PM 3 comments

This probably hasn't escaped many people's eyes and ears, but in case it has, click here to read the story I am going to talk about (please note that the story is highly disturbing, which is an understatement but the best warning I can give): http://www.caller.com/news/2009/jul/27/police-woman-accused-killing-newborn-ate-brain/

I don't understand. I just don't. How can something like that happen? How can a mother do something like that to her child? It's beyond sick. It's beyond words. It's beyond comprehension really.

As I stood there watching this on the news I instantly thought I was going to vomit. My gag-reflex didn't take more than a second to respond once the news seeped its way into my brain. I hate to even spread this story around, as it is so vile and repulsive and disturbing and twisted... but talking about it out loud, well, it hasn't even been discussed in the newsroom if that tells you anything. There's just no way to say, "Hey, you hear about that lady who killed her baby and ate his body parts?"

See, it makes you cringe just reading the words. Maybe even makes you puke a little in your mouth. So saying it aloud... well, let's just say I'm beyond glad this was in San Antonio and not in Corpus Christi. There would be no way I could make it through interviews and writing that story without getting so upset I couldn't function.

It's one of those situations where you like, can't cry. It's a horrible sad awful terrible ridiculously gut-wrenching situation but you just, can't cry. It's almost as if my emotions go on lock down. I think if I really mulled over the case, over the details of the entire gruesome story, I would fall to pieces. My tears would flow so hard and so fast... I don't know that I'd ever be able to put myself back together again. So I keep a safe distance to some extent, almost subconsciously. I keep the switch off. I only acknowledge the story to the extent my mind will allow me. I just can't stomach it. No one can.

Terribly sorry to write about this topic, truly, I am. I just had to get those feelings out.

If I write more I think I'm going to break down my "can't cry" wall and fall to pieces. So I'm going to drop it.

Please, with all your heart pray for everyone involved.

The only comforting fact I can think of is that little one is up in heaven with our Father... safe, protected, loved more than any of us can possibly even fathom...
and in the arms of angels...

(3) Comments

  1. Bill On July 30, 2009 at 1:54 PM

    Wow. All I can say is I wish I could give you a big hug, because it looks like you need it!

    It was about the same way in the newsroom at KAMR. We were all sickened. Poor Faith Miller almost choked up delivering that story on air.

    This is one of those situations that defies explanation. How can a mother do that to a child she carried in her womb? Only the Lord knows, so the best we can do is keep our faith in Him that He knows what he's doing. In the meantime, we keep the baby and the family in our prayers, and go about our lives as best we can.

     
    Madelyn On July 30, 2009 at 2:26 PM

    Well said Bill, well said. I don't know how Faith, or anyone else for that matter, managed to deliver the story on air without tears.

     
    Anonymous On August 6, 2009 at 12:12 AM

    There have been many cases lately about mothers killing there kids and most of the reason is said to be post-partum. I fully believe that if a woman has post partum depression she should stay in the hospital till better or the child should never be alone with her till better. There are too many of these horrific cases and SIDs cases. What kind of society are we that we cannot look after each other in a time of need? This woman had a mental illness and was allowed to be alone with this child, That is rediculus and I honestly think something must be done. Of course that is just my opinion, as a mother myself.