Padd Solutions

Converted by Falcon Hive

Well, I hope everybody had a great President’s Day/Valentine’s Day weekend. I did a whole lot of catching up on laundry and shopping. Fun... So, has anybody noticed the HUGE desk that is missing from the library, 1st floor foyer? AC used to employ a student to man that desk but apparently, they’ve done away with it... Speaking of the library, I'm in here now. It's always good to make a weekly trip up here, it's quiet, has internet access, and keeps you from being distracted by things at home. (I take that back, there is a student sitting next to me with his head phones blaring to Good Charlotte... gag me. If you're going to jam out in the library at least put something good on!)

One of the most unfortunate things about being in college is your eating habits. Being that we are all so busy with school and work, we eat what we can- cheap and quick. Of course, McDonald’s and Wendy’s have some great dollar menus but it’s important to eat healthy to keep your energy up! I suggest Lean Cuisines, they’re only about $3/meal and they’re easy to cook- you just warm it up. Anyways, that’s my thought of the day!

I really like Zach’s blog- below mine. It has some valid points in it. Personally, I took Mr. Howard’s class a couple semesters ago and enjoyed it for the most part, and if you’ve had Howard- you know what I’m talking about. I can’t imagine how the staff plans to ease the transition but I hope it goes well.

Maybe you’ve heard but a Chinese blogger that goes by the pseudonym Qian, was stabbed after publicly reading his blogs in a Beijing book store. OUCH! “Last year, he was listed among the "20 Most Influential Figures in China's Cyberspace". That’s a pretty reputable guy. Thankfully, he should make a full recovery, but it makes you think: could something like this happen to me because I want to express my opinions? Obviously things are different in China with freedom of speech, but hey-it happened to Martin Luther King. Unfortunate things can happen to people, particularly to those that share their harsh, cumbersome thoughts. Nobody likes to hear the truth, or in this case, a person’s opinions especially if it affects a person’s well-being.

Here’s the full story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29224105/wid/11915829/


I’m running low on thoughts now, have a great week bloggers.

(0) Comments